5 Ways to Pray for Trafficked People
Human Trafficking | Print
“For you were called to freedom, brothers. Only do not use your freedom as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.” Galatians 5:13
God’s Word says we, as Christians, are called to freedom, love, and service. And, there’s no better way to fulfill that command than to work toward the liberation of trafficked people. Prayer is an important part of that goal. Here are five ways to lift up the enslaved …
- Pray for the millions around the world who are held captive and forced into labor.
Pray God’s people will rise up and fight human trafficking until every single slave is free.
- Ask God to bless the BGR-supported facilities that offer former prostitutes and trafficked women new opportunities for healing and hope.
Pray that these centers will not only reach capacity but that they will multiply, as well, and help as many survivors as possible.
- Pray BGR partners can build trust with the women and girls who have sought their help.
Human trafficking survivors have experienced so much cruelty that it often takes a while for them to open up to project staff who want to help. Ask God to strengthen relationships between survivors and BGR partners so those who have suffered unimaginable pain can begin to heal.
- Ask God to calm the hearts and minds of trafficking survivors.
Flashbacks and nightmares often plague people who have experienced trauma. Pray survivors find relief.
- Pray for the tailoring and crafting businesses started by women who have survived trafficking.
These businesses give women opportunities to make new lives for themselves and their children outside the brothels. Pray these ventures succeed and give women hope.